Tenant not vacating can i stop electricity and water supply to house
Sir my tenant is not paying rent or electricity charges for last 6 months & now he is even refusing to vacate . The rent agreement (11 months) had expired on April 2016. 1.Can I stop elec & water supply? 2. Can I take police help?
You need not to stop electric or water supply. Firstly you should give legal notice to vacate the premises along with payment of all dues in which will mentioned to disconnect the electric and water supply. Even if he failed to vacate the premises then file a case for eviction.
Thanks and regards
Advocate Anand Verdhan MaitreyaTis Hazari Court, Delhi
Well u can file a suit for evi cation. Leaggaly you can not stop e and water the terms are already.laid down in your rent agreement you can file a legal notice for vacating the suite premises as per condition there after you can file the petition before rent controller for Eviction.you need not to go with the police as itisnot criminal.offence it id ytiable by rent controller fotbfuthet legal information you can contact me ay
Advocate Rajendra SharmaTiz Hazari, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do we have any rights over the property if we are staying for 30 years
- Boss using abusive language and when complained asking to resign
- What should I do if someone gave me a notice under section 80 cpc
- Builder made extra floor did not give OC can society redevelop
- In laws changed residential address and not replying to summons