Tenant not providing rent on time. How to evict him?
I have a tenant using my premises for commercial reasons for last 17 years. Lately he is not paying the rents and due to this I have approached him to sell the property. Despite an offer, he told me that he will buy the property, quarter to the current market value. I think he wants to forcibly occupy my premises. Kindly suggest as to what should i do to evict him and generally how long does it takes to get an order of possession. Should i cut the electricity supply to him?
Issue legal notice for termination of your tenancy.
It would be wrong on your part to disconnect power supply to your tenant, irrespective of the dispute between the two. If he has faltered in paying the rent, approach the court for eviction of the tenant and also claim rent arrears
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter's right on property if father died in 1985
- Tenant after taking security, neither moving out nor returning money.
- Wife threatening to file case against me and my family what to do
- Legal Process for asdopting a child directly from Biological Parents
- Person took cheque against my consent what should I do