quesTenant not providing rent on time. How to evict him?

I have a tenant using my premises for commercial reasons for last 17 years. Lately he is not paying the rents and due to this I have approached him to sell the property. Despite an offer, he told me that he will buy the property, quarter to the current market value. I think he wants to forcibly occupy my premises. Kindly suggest as to what should i do to evict him and generally how long does it takes to get an order of possession. Should i cut the electricity supply to him?

• ansIssue legal notice for termination of your tenancy.

It would be wrong on your part to disconnect power supply to your tenant, irrespective of the dispute between the two. If he has faltered in paying the rent, approach the court for eviction of the tenant and also claim rent arrears