Tenant not providing rent on time. How to evict him?
I have a tenant using my premises for commercial reasons for last 17 years. Lately he is not paying the rents and due to this I have approached him to sell the property. Despite an offer, he told me that he will buy the property, quarter to the current market value. I think he wants to forcibly occupy my premises. Kindly suggest as to what should i do to evict him and generally how long does it takes to get an order of possession. Should i cut the electricity supply to him?
Issue legal notice for termination of your tenancy.
It would be wrong on your part to disconnect power supply to your tenant, irrespective of the dispute between the two. If he has faltered in paying the rent, approach the court for eviction of the tenant and also claim rent arrears
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how to initiate action against builder for fraud
- Can married grand daughter claim in maternal property
- Money deposited but lost receipts how to prove that payment made
- Guidelines to buy agricultural land in other state
- Husband planning to remarry because of my infertility What to do