quesTenant not paying rent and not vacating house what can I do

Hello Sirs, I recently rented my house to a tenant via 11 month rental agreement from 1st June, 2016. He gave me cheque for security deposit (Rs 9000) which is equal to 2 months rent. Cheque bounced and he even did not pay running rent by 7 June, 2016. He said he will get late salary and promised me to pay in a week, but so far has not paid a penny to me. Also, he gave me false info regarding his address of occupation and wife and maybe the woman he is living with is not her wife. Can I file a case for eviction against him for giving false info, unpaid rent and eviction at same time? tx

  • ansYes you can file a case before civil court for Eviction and also file a complaint befor police regarding false complaint so that truth will come in front of you better you engage a good lawyer for the same can contact me got furthet vl rarificatopn if any we will help filing evtivtiob prtition

    Advocate Rajendra Sharma

      Tiz Hazari, Delhi

  • ansYes you have filed the case of evication for your tenant before court and your tenent has paid rent to you during the pendnancy of the suit and you have also file the case for cheating for false informationinformation against your tenant further yo may conatct to me..

    Advocate Harmesh Kumar

      Karkardooma District Court Complex, Delhi

  • ansSir
    You shall send a legal notice under section 106 Transfer of property act for termination of tenancy and also for arrears of rent. If he does not vacate the premises then file a suit for possession, injunction and arrears of rent in the competent court of jurisdiction.

    You should also file complaint under section 138 NI Act regarding the cheque bounce.
    For further pls contact

    Advocate Prateek Kumar

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • ansPlease issue a legal notice for nonpayment of rent and vacation of premises due to non payment of rent and also for termination of rent agreement with immediate effect. And also issue notice for dishonor of cheque which an offence under the negotiable instruments act. Please issue immediately litigation through lawyers

    Advocate Harsh Kumar Gautam

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello sir i had rented a house to a tenant the tenant is not moving…

my house on rent before so many years how to i remove that person?
I have my own flat here in South Mumbai which I had given for rent…

I am a army person serving in j &k. A house was taken on rent…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Ajar Rab

  Rajpur Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly