Tenant creating problems with landlords.
I had given my house on rent in Mumbai. My tenant had not paid me rent for 3 months. He was not answering to my phone also. I am not living in kalyan hence i asked my brother to check regarding the same. He found that the tenants were not living there & his brother in law was staying there. He forcefully took the key from him. Now the tenant is suing my brother of stealing money from the home as a revenge. What should I do?
You may file an eviction suit against the tenant for sub-letting. your brother should in the meantime defend himself against the action filed against him by the tenant.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife left home on her own will now blaming my family
- CAT judgement in my favor can I sue railway for defamation
- Registering a partition deed on basis of unregistered Will
- Procedure to transfer flat from deceased father to my mother name
- How to claim maintenance from husband in case of divorce