Rights of an associate member to attend meeting and vote?
Our Co-operative Housing Society is in the process of election. Can an associate member have the right to attend the meeting and vote.Under which section.
As per the Section 23 (1) of the Delhi Co-operative Societies Act, a nominal or associate or joint member shall have such privileges and rights of a member and be subject to such liabilities of a member as may be prescribed in rules and specified in the bye-laws of the cooperative society.
However, as per Section 25 (b), a nominal or associate or joint member shall not have the right of vote. However, she/he has the right to attend the meetings.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to remove a one of the defendant's name from my case?
- Can i get regular employment as per recent SC judgement?
- can my wife claim maintenance later after mutual divorce granted
- is Indian Succession Act 1925 applicable to Christians by inheritance
- Which country to register my company in ? Singapore or Dubai or US