Rights of an associate member to attend meeting and vote?
Our Co-operative Housing Society is in the process of election. Can an associate member have the right to attend the meeting and vote.Under which section.
As per the Section 23 (1) of the Delhi Co-operative Societies Act, a nominal or associate or joint member shall have such privileges and rights of a member and be subject to such liabilities of a member as may be prescribed in rules and specified in the bye-laws of the cooperative society.
However, as per Section 25 (b), a nominal or associate or joint member shall not have the right of vote. However, she/he has the right to attend the meetings.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to get compensation for losses from owner of building
- Father gave land to me after partition now uncle not allowing to sell
- Can a hindu couple legally married in India get a divorce in US
- How a married daughter can get share in his father agriculture land
- Temporary assistant in LIC can I cam for permanent position