quesRental agreement dispute.

My flat owner has all kinds of unfair clauses stating, if I leave the flat before 6 months of tenure then I have to pay 3 months rent as penalty. The problem is I have signed the paper without paying much heed to what was written in it. Also he has written i can not sublet the apartment to anyone.
Is there any way by which i need not pay him the penalty?

• ansThe terms of agreement are binding upon you. Since you have signed the contract you cannot now refuse to honour the terms of contract . No flat owner would permit his licencee to sub-let the premises. As far as 3 months rent is concerned the objective is you stay in the rented place for at least 6 months. it is to discourage tenants from leaving premises in a short period.

Licensor must have paid the broker equivalent to one month rental for finding a licencee. In case, you leave before 6 months expire licensor would have to go through the whole exercise again of finding another tenant.