Rent to be collected or rent to be paid
Please advise: Tenant and landlord are in 2 different states.
Landlord says "send cheques for rent by courier"
Tenant says "come and collect rent"
Signed, registered lease agreement is silent on this issue (pay-by date is 10th of every current month).
Is it already settled in law whether tenant will send payment of rent in time or will the landlord have to go and collect payment.
There is no case law on this but it is better for the tenant to send the cheque after talking a photocopy of same through speed post or courier and preserving the postal slips.
When the tenant is residing in the premises of the landlord the duty is his to pay the rent on time.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Can PSU deny benefit to deceased employees?
- Wife not reverting to my calls nor coming home what to do.
- Builder did not give share to the owner what action can we take
- registered sale agreement : Purchaser not coming forward
- If the mother die while giving birth who gets the custody?