Rent to be collected or rent to be paid
Please advise: Tenant and landlord are in 2 different states.
Landlord says "send cheques for rent by courier"
Tenant says "come and collect rent"
Signed, registered lease agreement is silent on this issue (pay-by date is 10th of every current month).
Is it already settled in law whether tenant will send payment of rent in time or will the landlord have to go and collect payment.
There is no case law on this but it is better for the tenant to send the cheque after talking a photocopy of same through speed post or courier and preserving the postal slips.
When the tenant is residing in the premises of the landlord the duty is his to pay the rent on time.
Advocate Sonia SainiDwarka, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- i have seperated from my husband past one month now what to do
- In laws threatening me. How can i get divorce from my wife?
- Do I hold the copyright of work I did if no contract was signed?
- What is the procedure for transferring the property.
- Can I file for annulment on the ground of mental cruelty