provisions in Mumbai Rent Control Act for protection of Sub tenants.
Is there provision in the Mumbai Rent Control Act for safeguarding the interest of the sub tenant ?Can present tenant can removed me after re-development of the bldg ? Presently, I am a Sub tenant in the Hotel since last 54 years,and paying a rent regularly . Now the bldg. is a pagdi nature.
As per the Mumbai Rent Control Act, sub tenant can get protection only when the premises or any part thereof have been lawfully sub-let or where sub-tenancy is permitted by a contract between the landlord and the tenant.
Further, as per the act, if the landlord requires the property for his bonafide need, then the tenant can be removed after the re- development.
Sub tenancy is barred
Advocate Amit RathiShivajinagar, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Flat constructed in building parking lot MCD approved map what to do
- Whether changing religion effect my government job
- Company not paying RD account maturity money
- What to do if police is not cooperating in a case
- Land not registered legal heirs of previous land owner claiming share