Owner unreasonably asking for extra money for vacating the flat
I pay rent before 10th of every month. this month I have paid rent on 10th March and also informed the owner that I am vacating by 1st of April. As per the one month / 30 days notice policy , we told our owner we will pay extra 10 days rent till 10th April . but our owner is asking for the entire rent till 30 April
Is there any specific provision made in your Leave and License Agreement to that effect. In the absence of such provision the Landlord may ask for the rent for the entire period of one month. You may settle it amicably by talking to him and get it sorted by making humble request.
Advocate Sameer JagtapGirgaon, Mumbai
All the terms and conditions agreed By you both wHile entered in leave and license agreement. That time date of commencement and date of expiry period mentioned.
So you going to vacate on 1st april. By one month Notice period. There is no need to pay till 30th april.
Ask me for details....
Advocate Swapnil Harihar PatilThane, Mumbai
when does your rent period start, if it starts from the 1st to the end of evey month, and if your are paying the rent before the 10th of every month then you are liable to pay rent till 30th if not then you are not liable to pay till 30th.
Advocate Rozario JohnVishrantwadi, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to register sale deed of property that was bought in 1998
- Can my daughter get divorced in India without travelling from Dubai
- Husband doesn't wish to take responsibility of child. What remedy?
- Can Court discharge army officer after completing 15 year of service
- Is it compulsory to attend first hearing for divorce.