non Payment of electricity bill by tenant how to recover
My tenant recently vacated the premises on 18th july 15 appx 11.00 p.m. He got electricity bill till 16th july 15 i.e. 28 days which he has paid. But problem is that, he is denying to pay for extra 2 days (on average basis). Is he right legally ? please help. thanks
you file a recovery suit on the basis of pending bill by showing his tenancy. please see that you have a clause for electricity in the agreement with the tenant. if it is written in the agreement that tenant has to pay the bill then you can recover from him.
Advocate Gaurav MalhotraBengali Market, Delhi
Two days is acutally a meagre period, however you can write to him personally asking him to pay for certain units consumed within those two days by him. you do not have any such remedy legally since the time period is too short.
Advocate Richa RelhanCommonwealth Games Village, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How can i claim my rightful salary from the organisation i worked for?
- Got share in property through unregistered document can mother sell it
- Property was brought in brothers name how can the property be divided
- How can I cancel gift deed of land
- Husband destroyed Nikah nama how can I file for divorce?