New landlord want to remove us. How to delay it?
My father had a business running in a rented shop. Recently the shop owner sold the shop to some one else. The new owner came today and told my dad that he is going to demolish the building in a week and asked him to vacate. I want to know if we can get time around a year to find a new shop?
Though the owner has right to demolish the tenanted premises for the purpose of re-development, the same has not given unfettered rights to the landlords to so so at his will.
If you want to delay the demolition then you can seek legal intervention by way of civil suit for declaration and injunction .
You can also negotiate with the new landlord to delay the development works.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I take OBC certificate if my mother's family belongs to that caste
- Flat brought in joint name can I transfer it in my name ?
- How can i recover the money back from the Builder?
- How can I ask my tenant to vacate the shop legally
- section 34, 323, 451 accused and complainant both are sister-in-laws