My tenant has not paid rent for the past 2 months. What should I do?
My tenant has not paid rent for the past 2 months. He is never at home due to which I have placed and additional lock on the door. Now it’s been 2 months more since he came back.
Now I think he is on a run and is never coming back. I tried calling his number but it is not valid. His belongings are in the house only. Can I proceed now against him and what to do with his personal belongings?
You have to issue legal notice to tenant to vacate premises on account of default in payment of rent.
And file an eviction suit, if tenant does not appear in court suit would be decided exparte in your favour.
You cannot place an additional lock on the house. It is still legally in possession of the tenant. For removal of his belongings you need court order.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My mother giving threats to throw me out how can I protect myself
- Buyer of 2 wheeler not transferring ownership to his name
- Termination on the joining day what action can i take
- Married for 3 years how can I file for divorce
- How to nullify complaint if compromise happened between parties?