×

quesMy tenant has not paid rent for the past 2 months. What should I do?

My tenant has not paid rent for the past 2 months. He is never at home due to which I have placed and additional lock on the door. Now it’s been 2 months more since he came back.

Now I think he is on a run and is never coming back. I tried calling his number but it is not valid. His belongings are in the house only. Can I proceed now against him and what to do with his personal belongings?

You have to issue legal notice to tenant to vacate premises on account of default in payment of rent. 

And file an eviction suit, if tenant does not appear in court suit would be decided exparte in your favour.

You cannot place an additional lock on the house. It is still legally in possession of the tenant. For removal of his belongings you need court order.