quesMiscellaneous criminal application filed against me. What to do?

i had a leave licence agreement for 3 yrs registered. I was forcefully made to vacate after a year with the help of the local police. The land lady had filed a ors misc. cri appln against me and my wife in the Thane Court. Thereafter the police received the application from court to give their findings. In the police station I was threatened and made to give an undertaking that I will vacate handover keys and also every month pay 5000/- for 2 years. I have vacated but not paid the monthly amt. Now I came to know that in July a date was fixed by court for my appearance. will I be arrested

  • ansNo, you won't get arrested. Appoint a good lawyer and take the necessary steps. From the aforementioned facts it seems that court has not ordered to pay any amount. It is just for your appearance . Have you received any summon from court. If yes then you should appear before the concerned court by appointing good lawyer. Nothing to worry.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansOnly the terms of leave and license agreement are binding on you and landlady. You can also initiate legal action to implement the agreement and may seek injunction against the landlady so that she can't force you to vacate.. as far as criminal action is concern you have not provided the details of such application I. e what are the charges and all.

    Advocate Radhika Pachpor

      Erandwane, Pune

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Tenant  does not vacate even after bailiff visits. What next? Precautions, if any? 
We have a rented shop ,property owned by Jain trust was demolished without prior notice…
Worked for 4 months in a company without offer letter, they have given me salary…
Hi, I am having one shop. Which I gave on rent for liquor bar. I…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Ajar Rab

  Rajpur Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly