Maintenance charges when the premises is less than even 500 sq.ft
I am 85 years old and staying in the building since last 50 years+. My landlord has given me a bill to pay taxes and maintainace arrears from 2008 till today amounting Rs. 60,000+ (while the rent I am paying today is Rs. 193 for the premises which is less than 600 sq.ft (it is in Shivaji Park area, Mumbai -28. Can you please help/guide me. I am 85 years of age and a poor retired bank official from a local co-op Bank. Want should i do?
With respect to bills pertaining to taxes such Corporation Tax or other property Tax, the owner is liable to pay.
However regarding maintenance charges, legally a tenant is required to pay.
So we suggest you write a letter to landlord stating that you are liable to pay maintenance charges. Further, also please ask the owner to charge the maintenance charges on yearly basis.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- refund of fees from engineering college
- How to get mutual divorce within 5 months of marriage
- What to do in case drawer of bounced cheque goes missing
- Change of parent's surname in CBSE 10th and 12th marksheets
- How to defend a false 498A and 406 case in court?