Legal risk of renting to a single party for long term (10 years)
Dear sir/madam, My father has rented his house to a person for last 10 years. There is no issue and we dont intend to evict him. But we were concerned about long term rental arrangements like this and any legal risk associated with this. Will the renter have any rights over the property after certain years ? Please clarify. Thanks.
There is No risk if there's a registered rent deed.
To be on the safe side please execute a 11 month lease and renew every 11 months.
To be on the safe side please execute a 11 month lease and renew every 11 months
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
No risk if there's a registered rent deed.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Elder brother forcing me to sell the home what can I do
- Father in law forcing husband to sell his share to sis.
- Can husband file for divorce after one month of marriage
- Will a false FIR filed against me affect my career
- Can I claim interest from builder for late possession