Legal action to safeguard my interests against tenant
I sold my land to someone verbally. The person was supposed to make the full payment within a week but her excuses started pouring in. Now I am tired of her excuses. She has started claiming that she has paid upto 90% of the amount which is a complete lie. Can I file an injunction?
A land cannot be sold orally. To sell a land, the property has to be documented and passed through various stages before the sale can be termed complete.
You continue to be the owner of the house with all the incidental rights. If he interferes in your land in any manner then move to the court and seek an injunction against him.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Govt employee filed a false criminal case on daughter and son-inlaw
- Can the resignation be rejected on the basis of investigation
- Will a decision given by the High court apply to all aggrieved parties
- Probate of will vs Partition suit which will prevail and hold value
- Brother will is not signed then how will the property be distributed