quesLegal action to safeguard my interests against tenant

I sold my land to someone verbally. The person was supposed to make the full payment within a week but her excuses started pouring in. Now I am tired of her excuses. She has started claiming that she has paid upto 90% of the amount which is a complete lie. Can I file an injunction?

  • ansA land cannot be sold orally. To sell a land, the property has to be documented and passed through various stages before the sale can be termed complete.

    You continue to be the owner of the house with all the incidental rights. If he interferes in your land in any manner then move to the court and seek an injunction against him.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a three year registered agreement with the landlord. He is asking to increase…

Dear Sir / Madam, We have taken an apartment on lease for 15 lakhs in…
Tenants who had taken our garage on rent about 30 years back are refusing to…

i have two tenants i want them to vacate the house as i need it…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Harpal Singh Sirohi

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 32 years

Advocate Akarapu Udaya Bhasker

  Rajendra Nagar
 Experience: 30 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly