quesLandlord stealing electricity. How to gather evidence and complaint?

I live in a rented house. My landlord has given me a separate meter. He keeps stealing light from my meter. Where can i gather evidence and complaint about them?

  • ansYou need to file an application complaining excess bill with your electricity supplier and ask them to inspect your meter. This should be a surprise visit without letting Landlord know about this. In case there is any tampering, then they will get to know and an FIR will be registered against the landlord

    Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

      Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

We have given 12 shops on rent and in some of them we have also…
I had taken a house for lease for 3yrs,but after 1yrs owner told me vacant…
Landlady claimed unreasonable deductions and showed the balance to be zero out of the Total…

I have to pay rent on or before of 10th of August which I could…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Ajar Rab

  Rajpur Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly