quesLandlord refusing to share original rent agreement

I've been staying in Chennai since the last 4 years in a rented house. I wanted to apply for a Driving License when the RTO officer asked me to provide another address proof besides an aadhar card that I already have. I shared my registered rent agreement with him but the RTO officer advised me to show the original agreement and he said that he will process my license request. My flat owner became angry when I asked him for the original rent agreement. Can I challenge the Landlord's stand of refusal to share the original rent agreement?

• ansThe landlord might be apprehensive about the fact that you may claim to be a statutory tenant at the expiry of the agreement. You may issue a lawyer's notice to the landlord asking him to share with you the original agreement, but this is fraught with the risk of him taking recourse to law to remove you from the apartment.