Landlord refusing to share original rent agreement
I've been staying in Chennai since the last 4 years in a rented house. I wanted to apply for a Driving License when the RTO officer asked me to provide another address proof besides an aadhar card that I already have. I shared my registered rent agreement with him but the RTO officer advised me to show the original agreement and he said that he will process my license request. My flat owner became angry when I asked him for the original rent agreement. Can I challenge the Landlord's stand of refusal to share the original rent agreement?
The landlord might be apprehensive about the fact that you may claim to be a statutory tenant at the expiry of the agreement. You may issue a lawyer's notice to the landlord asking him to share with you the original agreement, but this is fraught with the risk of him taking recourse to law to remove you from the apartment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband is torturing me. What legal action can i take
- prenuptial agreement- signed before marriage
- What can i do if husband is mentally and physically torturing me
- Gave advance for booking a flat, but project not approved. What to do?
- How can a charge sheet be quashed for case filed U/S 498 & 471