quesLandlord refusing to make repair in the house. What action can i take?

I am living on rent in west delhi. I never saw my landlord, only his friend came to collect rent. I have many problems in the house which needs repair and fixing.

Then a few weeks back a person came to my home and told me he was my landlord then when i started telling him things which required repair by him he started talking rudely and said he wont repair anything.

What action can i take against my landlord?

  • ans

    Before advising you we need to look at your rent agreement.

    Generally there is always a clause in the agreement which deals with the repairing of the house. 

    As per the agreement generally you are required to return the house in the same condition as it was received by you.

    After looking into the agreement we could further advice you the legal recourse available to you.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

Advocate Parvez Ahamed

  Magrath Road
 Experience: 21 years

Advocate Madhur Gulshan Sapra

  Tis Hazari Court
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly