quesLandlord not returning the security deposit after verbal agreement.

My brother had taken a room on rent without properly looking at the premises and without an agreement about two weeks ago as he was assigned to work in Bangalore and needed accommodation urgently.

He made a deposit of Rs 30,000 in the bank account of the loandlord .The rent of the room was agreed to be Rs 12,000 per month.

However on reaching there, he did not like the place. So it was verbally agreed between the owner and my brother that my Brother will stay there only for ten days and pay an amount of Rs 10,000 for his stay and then vacate which he did.

Landlord not repaying security deposit.

• ansWe would recommend that first you send a legal notice to the landlord through a lawyer asking him to pay back your deposit.

Also send him a letter specifically stating that vacant and peaceful possession of the premises has been handed over.

Even If he doesn't reply to the legal notice then a case can be filed against him regarding the recovery of your dues in the concerned civil court.