Landlord not returning lease money
I took a house on lease for 4 lakhs. After staying for 4 months my landlord forced me to vacate giving silly reasons. After vacating he's not returning my money back. How can I get my money back
If you have signed a Lease agreement there must be a clause of termination or refund of security deposit. In most of the agreement, the termination clause states that landlord has to provide the tenant one month notice to vacate the house.
Also as per the most of the agreement the landlord is required to refund security deposit on receiving the possession of the premises.
We suggest that you should send a legal notice through a lawyer thereby mentioning the fact that you were illegally thrown out of the house and also demand your security deposit alongwith compensation
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cancelled my booking how can i recover the amount from builder
- How to change name in my educational certificate
- Wife characterless. Can i get custody of children if i file a divorce?
- What to marry a French nationality girl who is in India with me.
- Illegitimate bills by reliance communications What action can i take