Landlord not repaying the agreement amount.
As we entered into an agreement on Dec-2013 ,and as per agreement we suppose to stay min. 3 months and agreement was for 1 year. Now I communicated through SMS and over phone call that I will vacate the flat next month i.e. one month advance notice. But owner is not reverting back with acceptance and not picking up the call. As phone no. is cell number cant track him Please advice what needs to be done. agreement is notarized not registered in SRO.
Send a vacating notice through an e-mail and of course through letter sent via speed post only. Keep the track report of delivery of the article. You are entitled to vacate the property after 3 months only though you send such notice even on expiry of 2 months. Do claim for return of security money, if any, in such notice.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to sell property in the Will and thereafter divide sale proceeds?
- Can mother and sisters ask for partition in ancestral property
- Broker sold me a piece of land at higher price what action can I take
- Gratuity and relieving letter due from my previous company
- Can I ask for alimony during cooling off period in mutual divorce case