Landlord not repairing the maindoor of house. How to get him to do it?
The room where I am staying with my Mom in New Delhi is very unsafe because the main door can breakdown anytime and my landlord is not listening to me. Can I do anything regarding this legally? Please help.
In case your monthly rent is less that Rs.3500/- , you may send a legal notice under Section 44 of the Delhi Rent Control Act which provides remedy for every landlord to keep the premises in good and tenable conditions and to get the same repaired if needed, from time to time. On failure to do so, within a reasonable time, after sending the notice in writing, the tenant may himself / herself make the required repairs and deduct the expenses of such repairs from the rent or otherwise recover them from the landlord.
However, in case your monthly rent exceeds Rs.3500/-, subject to the terms and conditions of your rent agreement, you may issue a written letter / notice to the landlord to get the same repaired / replaced, failing which you can file a suit for mandatory injunction seeking directions from the court against the landlord to get the same repaired.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Parents and relatives threatening if i marry a person of my choice
- Harassed by in laws and husband how to get divorce?
- Neighbor objecting to construction of drain outside my boundary wall
- Mother had 7 sibling and they sold land without informing her
- Company suffering loss any action to delay claims of employee