Landlord asking for notice period even after expiry if rent agreement
HI WE HAVE RENTED AN OFFICE SPACE IN BANGALORE WITH AN AGREEMENT OF 11 MONTHS THERE WAS NO RENEWAL OF THE AGREEMENT AND WE INFORMED THE LANDLORD THAT WE WON'T RENEW AS WE ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRES. NOW HE IS SAYING EVEN IF YOU ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRE YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN A NOTICE OF 2 MONTHS. AND HE IS INSISTING ON PAYING 2 MONTHS EXTRA RENT EVEN WHEN WE ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRED. KINDLY GUIDE US
When did you tell your landlord regarding vacating the premises? any oral or written communication is a valid communication and is to be treated as a valid one. Your landlord cannot force you to stay or pay any extra amount after the expiry of the agreement.
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Staying in ancestral house can father's sister claim share
- Can a family member of an owner be a member of the CHS
- Filed writ petition but status is pending how to get early judgement
- how can i Recover my Money
- How to resolve property dispute between the family