quesLandlord asking for notice period even after expiry if rent agreement

HI WE HAVE RENTED AN OFFICE SPACE IN BANGALORE WITH AN AGREEMENT OF 11 MONTHS THERE WAS NO RENEWAL OF THE AGREEMENT AND WE INFORMED THE LANDLORD THAT WE WON'T RENEW AS WE ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRES. NOW HE IS SAYING EVEN IF YOU ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRE YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN A NOTICE OF 2 MONTHS. AND HE IS INSISTING ON PAYING 2 MONTHS EXTRA RENT EVEN WHEN WE ARE VACATING AFTER THE AGREEMENT EXPIRED. KINDLY GUIDE US

• ansDear Sir,

When did you tell your landlord regarding vacating the premises? any oral or written communication is a valid communication and is to be treated as a valid one. Your landlord cannot force you to stay or pay any extra amount after the expiry of the agreement.

Advocate Siddhant Sharma

Greater Kailash-1, Delhi