queshow to vacate the ground floor

at present the premises are occupied by the son of the former tenant who had died about 2 year ago. The original tenant was a defaulter and had not paid rent for 8 months. The occupier has not paid any rent. He refuses to evacuate the premises . What action can we take to have him removed.

• ansEviction of tenant is lengthy process of laws,however you can send a Legal Notice to the present tenant calling him to quit and vacate the rented room for your own use,if he would not comply as per notice then file a Suit for Eviction on reasonable requirement and default grounds as per provision of West Bengal Premised Tenancy Act.