quesHow to not pay rent?

We are a Hindu family. My grandfather (Mother's father) had a land and died without any will so the land has to be divided equally between my mother and her siblings. 2) Now without giving my mother her share her siblings have built houses in that land and have given it for rent. We have filed a case already for partition suit but i want to stop the rents that they are getting. How do i do this? 3)I was told that i need to get the tenants names and submit it to the court to send them notices but i cannot get the tenants names as my mother's siblings stay there and they may harm me if i try to go and speak to the tenants.

  • ansHas any stay order been granted by the court with respect to the enjoyment of rents during the pendency of litigation? If no such stay has been granted then request the court to appoint a court commissioner to receive the rents and deposit the same in court so that the same may be disbursed equally amongst your mother and her siblings.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

we are living in a house rented by my grandmother in 1937 but from 1961…

I purchased one Flats in Thoriapakkam chennai, before i buy builder agreed to make 400ft…

I took a flat on rent; the agreement starting from 12th June, 2014; for a…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly