quesHave a shop on rent. Now new owner trying to evict us.

I have a shop in a building in pagdi system. Now the owner of the buildling has sold the building. The new owner wants me to leave the shop. My father has purchased the shop in 1985 in pagdi sytem. What rights i have to ask for money as new owner of building is forcing me to leave the shop?

• ansYour father has not purchased the shop, he had taken it on rent as per pagdi system, you enjoy full tenancy right on the said shop from where you can not be evicted without due process of law. Don't make the mistake to skip payment of rent to the new owner if you have been officially informed about the sale of the property.

Lodge a police complaint immediately against the new owner for attempting to illegally evict you by applying force.