Have a shop on rent. Now new owner trying to evict us.
I have a shop in a building in pagdi system. Now the owner of the buildling has sold the building. The new owner wants me to leave the shop. My father has purchased the shop in 1985 in pagdi sytem. What rights i have to ask for money as new owner of building is forcing me to leave the shop?
Your father has not purchased the shop, he had taken it on rent as per pagdi system, you enjoy full tenancy right on the said shop from where you can not be evicted without due process of law. Don't make the mistake to skip payment of rent to the new owner if you have been officially informed about the sale of the property.
Lodge a police complaint immediately against the new owner for attempting to illegally evict you by applying force.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Discharged from Army but disciplinary case pending
- Can a govt. employee hold a post in Cooperative society?
- 138 NI filed by police.
- What is the procedure to divide a land among brothers
- Brother in jail for a month. How long should we wait to apply for bail