quesFake rent receipts submitted to landlord

I came to know that one of my past tenant had submitted rent receipts with my fake signatures for the year he was not at all residing at my flat.He had already left but still he submitted the receipts in his office. He is currently working with one of India's largest IT company in Noida. So my question is, can I file RTI to Central Board of Direct Taxes to get the information regarding the same. I'm not sure, if I send a legal notice to his company for verification of the rent receipts, will they provide me the correct information or not. So please guide me how should I proceed? Should I file RTI or send legal notice to his company?

  • ansIn case one of your ex-tenants has submitted fake rent receipts and your signatures have been forged he would be in deep trouble. Company may make inquires regarding whether any such receipts were issued by you or not . the employee will loose his job. You just sit tight don't take any action . Wait for phone call or letter from company . Then you inform them about true facts.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

4 bachelor girls lived in 3 BHK flat. I was alone and called my friends…
Is it illegal to rent out flat to bachelor ?can co op housing society stop…
We are planning to recruit an apartment manager for our residential apartment. We are planning…
I own a flat which I have rented to a gentleman. He claimed it was…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Ajar Rab

  Rajpur Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off