quesEviction of Gratituous licensee, Bombay rent act

I am staying with my family, in Mumbai since 25 years , in brothr's RENTAL, pagdi system, with my brother. I don't pay any amount for stay to him.I pay rent directly and electricity bill. My brother is majorly staying since last 12 years at his second ownership flat. Now, due to frequent insults and quarrels with my family members, my brother sent a notice to me, yesterday, to vacate, in 60 days. I don't have any other house. Rent receipts are in brother's name, but in my possession. How to protect from eviction , pl guide defence. Easement law. I don't want landlord benefit in our fight

  • ans

    First of your query is silent on following facts:

    Whose name is the pagdi property?

    If the same is on brothers name and all rent receipts on your brothers name then the landlord and evict you.

    However  if you could pay a Pagdi equalling a substantial percentage of the market value (85 to 90%) of the premises then the landlord might transfer property in your name.


    Please provide complete facts , so that we can provide you detailed legal advise


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

 tenant has done some editing on the Rent agreement through pen. should i accept it?…

We r completing 11 mths shop rent by Feb end 2017 but our owner is…
I,landlord of a commercial property gave it on rent for 11months.The tenant is refusing to…
My grandfather has two sons. The property was not yet divided between them. My Father…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Kundan Sharma

  Udhna Darwaja
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly