Eviction of Gratituous licensee, Bombay rent act
I am staying with my family, in Mumbai since 25 years , in brothr's RENTAL, pagdi system, with my brother. I don't pay any amount for stay to him.I pay rent directly and electricity bill. My brother is majorly staying since last 12 years at his second ownership flat. Now, due to frequent insults and quarrels with my family members, my brother sent a notice to me, yesterday, to vacate, in 60 days. I don't have any other house. Rent receipts are in brother's name, but in my possession. How to protect from eviction , pl guide defence. Easement law. I don't want landlord benefit in our fight
First of your query is silent on following facts:
Whose name is the pagdi property?
If the same is on brothers name and all rent receipts on your brothers name then the landlord and evict you.
However if you could pay a Pagdi equalling a substantial percentage of the market value (85 to 90%) of the premises then the landlord might transfer property in your name.
Please provide complete facts , so that we can provide you detailed legal advise
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Living separated from husband soon after delivery and he wants divorce
- Can an evidence obtained from unofficial sources be presented in court
- Salary issue as salary cheque bounced
- Am I entiled for share in property of my mother's brother
- How does inheritance takes place under Muslim law?