Can we be evicted from rented shop even after paying rent regularly?
I want to know whether , it has been an order issued by Court that any tenant who has been running his Shop on tenancy since last 30 to 40 years in Delhi ( taken on rent in 1980 or earlier ) and earning his bread and butter from the shop will have to evict the shop as asked by the landlord irrespective of paying the rent on time by the Tenant and rent being rupees 1200 pm. . The Tenant has not skipped even a single month's rent and is also paying the House tax for the shop as asked by the landlord since the start . Also , the tenant has electricity bill issued in his own name .
Sir, assuming the shop is in Delhi the rent act applies and provides for certain situations where the tenant may be evicted. To provide an accurate assessment a perusal of the relevant documents is essential. For example in case an order has been passed by the court the order must be studied for the grounds on which it has been passed before conclusively commenting
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Police not registering my FIR for domestic violence what can I do
- Can an advocate who take district forum cases can take state cases
- Girl already married but did not stay with husband. Can she remarry?
- Does the ground for divorce affect my right to maintenance?
- Formalities in filing a consumer case