quesCan landlord ask me to vacate flat after tenure is over

I've been living on rent with a Leave & Licence Agreement notarised licence between the owner and myself for 36 months. Is the agreement to be registered? The rent is paid only in cash and no receipt is issued. The flat owner is an employee of the Central Government. The increase in rent is 10% after completion of 12 months. Can the Flat Owner ask me to vacate the flat after completion of 36 months?

• ansIt is a legal requirement to get the rent agreement registered. Because the term of tenancy is for 36 months, hence the flat owner can ask you to vacate the flat after completion of the said period.

In order to get the premises vacated, the flat owner needs to file a case before the court, as you are paying the rent in cash and not getting any receipts for it. This may pose a problem for you to prove that you had been regular in paying the rent before the court of law.