Can landlord ask me to vacate flat after tenure is over
I've been living on rent with a Leave & Licence Agreement notarised licence between the owner and myself for 36 months. Is the agreement to be registered? The rent is paid only in cash and no receipt is issued. The flat owner is an employee of the Central Government. The increase in rent is 10% after completion of 12 months. Can the Flat Owner ask me to vacate the flat after completion of 36 months?
It is a legal requirement to get the rent agreement registered. Because the term of tenancy is for 36 months, hence the flat owner can ask you to vacate the flat after completion of the said period.
In order to get the premises vacated, the flat owner needs to file a case before the court, as you are paying the rent in cash and not getting any receipts for it. This may pose a problem for you to prove that you had been regular in paying the rent before the court of law.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- ancestor property share sold by grandfather what action to take
- Can daughters get share in ancestral property in karnataka.
- A person is harassing me and my family what action can i take
- How can I break my bond legally
- Whether my pay will be protected submitted all the documents