Can landlord ask for money to transfer tenancy to heirs
My family has inherited a commercial property in Delhi. The Landlord is asking for Rs.2 lakh for transfer charges. Please let me know if the amount is correct. How much should I pay for tenancy transfer to our name?
It is not permissible to demand any amount for transfer of rent receipt from the name of the deceased tenant to the name of the heir in whose favour all the heirs have agreed to get transfer the rent receipt.
The landlord is not bound to issue the rent receipt in favour of all the heirs of the deceased tenant. He is bound to issue receipt in favour of any one of the heirs amongst all the heir as may be decided by an agreement them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harassed by in laws living separately for 2 years can I file DV case
- How can I get custody of my child after divorce
- Objections that can be raised to challenge the validity of the Will?
- Judgment passed by bench, but not recorded. Bench changed. What to do?
- Three cheque of Rs 40,000 is bounced and person not responding