quesCan I repair the rented house and deduct the amount from rent

i am a student staying in a rented flat in delhi. before 5 months the landlord has done some cupboard work in the flat. now the cupboards have been damaged by termites. i am asking him to get it repaired from past 2 months and he is not getting it done. can i get it repaired by myself and deduct the repair expenses from the coming months rent

• ansNo u being a tenant cannot get the repair work done without the permission of the lanllord and if landlord allows then only can deduct the money spent on repair work fron the rent Nd that also with written permission

Advocate Sonia Sehgal

Karol Bagh, Delhi