quesCan i rent out father's property as he suffered brain stroke?

a) Flat in Noida Jointly owned by my Father & Mother ( Joint Registered Owners). b) My Father Suffered Brain Stroke in July 2010 and lost his Mental & Physical Abilities( Cant Sign). As certified by CMO 50% Mental Disability. c) Presently rented out to a Single Tenant by me on an unregistered Agreement on Rs 50/- Stamp paper.Term expiring on 30 June 15. d) Please Guide as to can I (Only Son) get a Registered Lease Agreement Made with the tenant in order to ensure Safety of our Apartment in lieu of my Father because of his medical Condition. And if So How?

  • ans

    Since  your mother is the joint owner of the property, so she can execute the Lease agreement. Further along with your mother you can also sign the document being a legal heir.

    However , the lease deed cannot be simply executed by you. Since your father has 50% of disability so he can execute a Power of Attorney in your or mother favour.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Ours is an apartment complex (newly constructed in Hyderabad), The apartment is occupied since last…

hello sir or madam........one of our shop tenant has fraudulently took the my widow grandmother…

We paid a token money of Rs. 10,000 to a landlord. However, we have now…

I have given my two shops on rent . One shop is given on rent…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Meena Shastri

  Koni Road
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Swapnil Jamkar

  Chhatrapati Square
 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly