quescan i not rent a house after signing agreement with landlord

Hi, I had signed a rental agreement with the landlord and had paid 10K as deposit. I have decided not to move in due to some facilities issue in the society.This happened within 2 3 days. The landlord is asking 10K more else he will file a case.I am not sure if there is something he can file a case with.

  • ans

    We will have to examine the rental agreement and termination and then we will be able to provide you legal advice.

    Further your query is silent on whether you have paid security deposit or not.

    Please provide details facts and terms of your rental agreement, so that we can addresses your query. 


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

2013 landlord made a agreement asking for 10% raise in rent every year but without…
We had started an office under telecom sector ( authorized channel partner of tata docomo)as…
What are the process should I do to build a temple in my place legally.…

Hi I have a house which is under Pagadi system, I am the tenant. Now…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Harpal Singh Sirohi

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 32 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly