quescan i ask tenant to vacate premises if he does not deposit 2 mth rent

How can I get to know if the tenant has deposited the rent in the court. I have not received the receipts from my tenant that he has deposted the rent in the court and he is not contactable. Can I move for eviction if he defaults to deposit rent for 2 months in the court under the rent control act?

  • ansSir, please file an application for withdrawal of rent that has been deposited by the tenant and it will be revealed whether or not he has deposited the rent as directed. In the event it is discovered that he has failed to deposit rent as directed then the court may be moved for eviction in terms of Section 14 of the Delhi Rent Act or for failure to abide by the orders of the court in terms of Section 15 (1) of the Act

    Advocate Rajat Joseph

      Nizamuddin East, Delhi

  • ansyes,you can seek eviction on the ground of non payment of rent under Delhi rent control act.You need to send a legal notice thereby demanding the arrears of rent to find out if he has deposited any rent in the court.

    Advocate Narender Kumar Sachdeva

      Kailash Colony, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

Our landlord has sold the flat we live in and is asking us to vacate…

My Grandfather leased a property in 1970. 2013 he expired. There's no owner currently as…

I did a registered agreement with a tenant for a period from Feb 2016 to…
Hi All, We are corporate company and have taken a Rental space on lease for…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

Advocate Harpal Singh Sirohi

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 32 years

Advocate Akarapu Udaya Bhasker

  Rajendra Nagar
 Experience: 30 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly