Can a case continue after the death of the person, with his relatives?
We had sent a legal notice to both our tenants in Agra. One of the tenants had not accepted the notice. The other tenant with whom a civil case was going on in Agra died during the case.
My query is can we still carry on with the case with his relatives? Do we have to send fresh legal notices to the first tenant and the relatives of the second tenant again?
Firstly, with respect to the deceased tenant, you need to plead his legal heirs as a party in the civil suit pending in the Agra Court. The Court shall then issue a notice for their presence. So yes you can continue the case with his relatives.
With respect to the other tenant who has not accepted the notice, you can initiate an eviction petition against him. If the address is the same, the Court shall issue notice and if the same is refused by the tenant, then the case shall be proceeded as ex-parte.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- will weekly off coming in between or on both ends of total leaves take
- Can I marry a girl who is my sister according to hindu system
- Harassment by police for repayment of loan amount
- Validity of registered will on name of grandchildren barring son.
- Can we distribute our father's property if 1 brother is not wiling to?