queswhat is difference between VRS and resignation

Please guide what is difference between Resignation and VRS. Govt servant completed service qualifying for full pension should opt for VRS or Resignation. Is there any difference in Pension or Gratuity or any other implications.

• ansVRS is taken after certain years of service under a scheme and one gets sufficient time to stuck off the strength of department whereas in case of resignation years of service is irrelevant, one is struck of the strength immediately after acceptance of resignation. The Gratuity and pension are granted according to years of service and the person availing is not entitled for pension if he resigns before minimum years of service of its entitlement.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only