quesUsed another person's PAN to pay incentives. Can I be held liable?

Our company pays incentives to its clients wherein I from the marketing team have to take PAN details of my clients and pay them via company cheque. A client refused to give his PAN so to help him I used a relative's PAN and got cheques issued in the relative's name to withdraw cash and pay it to the client in turn without any documentary proof.


Now this client has told my company that he has not got his incentive. How do I get out of this as the company had strict rules wherein we were not supposed to use any other person's PAN.


Will I be liable legally and what action can be taken against me?


  • ans


    If the truth comes out, you shall be liable for disciplinary proceedings which will be conducted by the Company. Legally, they can recover the amount of incentive which you had paid to the client with your relatives PAN Card. As you have stated that you do not have any documentary evidence, you cannot prove that the incentive has been paid to him.


    And if you do not have cordial relations with the Company, they can even file a criminal complaint of cheating and embezzlement of Company's Money. 


    The other option is that you tell your boss that the client gave you wrong PAN Card no and you released the incentive on the same. You can say that you did not check the PAN Card details correctly and that would be a minor error on your part. You can put the blame on the client and can file a criminal complaint againt the Client for cheating the Company.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

My ex employer is not giving full n final settlement amount. Its been 4 years…
Hi, I have been working with an organization for over 6 months. I was given…
I am working in a private firm with strength more than 200 employees. I gave…
is niyamawali me 75% pad promotion ke hain jisme umar ka pratibandh hai ki 45year…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Vivek Mapara

  Suramya Complex
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly