Termination of employment
I left my previous organization without full and final settlement, as they were not willing to leave me without serving the notice period. My offer letter states: "Termination of Employment: This appointment can be terminated by you by giving three month notice compulsory. Similarly, this appointment can be terminated by the company by giving three months notice or against salary (fixed CTC less retiral benefits) in lieu thereof."
There is nowhere written that I've to pay 3 months CTC if I leave before. Now they are forcing me to pay 3 months CTC or they will take legal action. Meanwhile they passed a handbook for employee which states you have to pay 3 months CTC amount which is not signed by me.
Law of Tort doesn't exist in this country.Now that you have left the job forget it and look after your nsnew job.As and when they take some action you think about that.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to purchase a car by paying 50% amount in cash to avoid tax
- consumer case
- when and how defendant can file a written statement
- What documents do i need to check while buying flat from a seller?
- Cheques of company bounced can we proceed for company liquidation