quesTaking clients of previous company.Can they take action

I was work with a company now I have left it & working with another company as a sales executive. I have approached some of the clients of my last company & the came to know about it. In my offer letter it was written that i cannot work with their client for atleast 6 months year . So now can they take any action against me?

• ansNon-competition covenants are usually enforced by the courts if they are reasonable with respect to time and place and do not unreasonably restrict the former employee's right to employment.

Yes action can be taken against you. If in your appointment letter it is specifically mentioned that you cannot work for competitor for period of 6 months after leaving organization your ex-employer can sue you for damages.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only