quesSSC asking some info from college. Info already in prospectus. Remedy?

I appeared in an exam for government job through SSC (Staff Selection Commission). Subsequently I was declared qualified in that exam but before giving the joining letter SSC is demanding certain information from my university(DU).

I went to the university, officials of the university are telling me that they cannot give me this information in writing because this information is already in the prospectus of the university but SSC is not accepting the information from the prospectus and they are denying me the job.

I want to file a case in CAT against SSC. Please advice.

We would be in a better position to guide you if we could know what information is being sought by the SSC for admission as if the same is a mandatory requirement, then you may need to proceed against your university for an order from the Court of  Law to provide you the information seek in writing.

However for your understanding we have explained below the procedure to file an application in CAT against SSC as provided in the CAT (Procedure) Rules, 1987:

Rule 4 provides the procedure for filing an Application. An application to the Tribunal shall be presented in Form I by the applicant in person or by an agent or by a duly authorized legal practitioner to the Registrar or any other officer authorized in writing by the Registrar to receive the same or be sent by Registered Post with Acknowledgement duly addressed to the registrar of the Bench concerned. The application is to be presented in triplicate in the following two compilations-

(i) Compilation No. 1. - application along with the impugned order, if any ;

(ii) Compilation No. 2. - all other documents and annexures referred to in the application in a paper book form.

Thereafter the Application shall be scrutinized by the Registrar.

Rule 8 provides that every application filed under rule 4 shall set forth concisely under distinct heads the grounds for such application. 

Rule 9 provides the documents that are required to be accompanied with the Application:

(i) attested true copy of the order against which the application is filed.

(ii) copies of the documents relied upon by the applicant and referred to in the application;

(iii) an index of the documents.

So you need to get it in writing that you are being denied selection based on the ground you are challenging, which we believe you must have already received and this is the impugned order which we can challenge in the CAT.