Signed a bond before joining. Do i have to pay as per bond if i leave?
I am working as a trainee since 3 months in an IT Company. At time of joining they asked me to sign a bond for 3 years & submit a cheque of Rs.3 lacs as security. Now I want to leave my job as I am getting frustrated there.
Will I have to pay Rs.3 lacs if I leave the job? Suggest me what to do?
Before forming any opinion, we need to go through the detailed terms of appointment mentioned in your appointment letter. As per the details mentioned by you, the terms appear to be one sided. Your company may have spent some amount on your training, etc.
You may read the terms of appointment carefully, there might be a notice clause. It is not necessary that you have to pay a sum of Rs 3 lacs, however, as mentioned above, we'll have to review your appointment letter to advise you on the same.
You may intimate your bank, as well as your employer as a stop payment advice for any funds from your bank account, so that you have a defence for any action by your employer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Defective laptop no resolution by company how can I claim refund
- Can i sell my inherited property
- In Muslim law do I have a right of share in my father's property.
- How can I add new section in a FIR in my case
- no builder buyer agreement signed. cant pay pending money. what to do?