Should my claim in labour court include illegal termination as well?
I made a complaint to the labour court against my illegal termination. My 2 months salary has not been paid by my employer. The Labour Inspector after 8 hearings advised me to file a claim to the authority under Delhi shops and commercial establishment act.
Kindly advise whether my claim should contain only the salary part in the labour court or things like termination, money of privilege leave, unemployment etc. has to be included as well? I was working as Sr. Manager.
If you were a Senior Manager and your duties included supervising the staff, then you will not come within the definition of "workman" and as such, labour laws and labour court are not applicable in your case.
While deciding where a person is a workman or not will be decided on the basis of the nature of the job he does and not on the basis of the name of the designation he holds.
Once you ensure that you are not a workman, then the remedy available to you is in the Civil Court. In the Civil Court, you can file a civil suit seeking the recovery of the salary and other monetary dues and also damages for illegal termination of your services.
The Civil Courts generally will not reinstate you in your services as personal contract of service is not enforceable and this reinstatement power lies only with labour courts meant for workmen.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I have right over matrimonial property if husband disowned
- Gave blank cheques to lender not able to pay back loan what can I do
- Can wife file 498a case against husband after mutual divorce ?
- My tanant applied for adhar card using my address is it legal?
- Can i not join a government job if 498A case is pending against me?