Sexual Harassment at workplace. What can i do?
Hi, This is happing since 2 years, Initially My boss used to comment on my attire and looks (all verbal), once i said him No, don't tack to me like this. After that he started discriminating me among other team members, not assigning work, purposefully finding out mistakes and then threatening me for job. Recently he threatened me for the third time, and again he is telling me stories about his good relation with other girls and why only i have problem with him. I complained about him to our top management, they have formed ICC, but i feel everyone is biased as he is top 2nd authority.
We suggest you to wait for ICC committee decision.
Also, send a Legal Notice under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act.
If the decision is not in your favour then you can file a police complaint stating the facts of sexual harassment.
Send a Legal Notice under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act. And thereafter file a complaint. But a final call only be made after knowing the detailed facts and circumstances. What you boss is doing is obviously illegal.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Landlord threatening to tell my parents about my relationship. Remedy?
- I was appointed as guarantor but debtor settled in abroad
- Do we need legal heir certificate in case of a Will
- What certifications does a computer component should have for Amazon?
- Cross examination of defendant with conflict of interst