quesSalary and outstanding dues not received by employee from employer

Hi. My father is 62 years old and has been working since last 21 years in a construction company as a supervisor. He has not been receiving salary from past 6 months. Also company owners are not giving him reliving or termination letter. He is also entitled for leave salary and gratuity for all these years but company owners are neither giving him in writing nor paying him. Can you please advise what steps can we take to get his hardwork paid?

  • ans

    We suggest you to send the company the legal notice through a lawyer and thereby demanding your  salary and gratuity.

    In case they fail to give, despite legal notice, you can file a suit for recovery thereby demanding your salary alongwith24% interest and cost of litigation .

    With respect to your gratuity we suggest you to file a complaint before labour commissioner thereby demanding your gratuity for 21 years.



  • ansHello,
    1) It is important to know when your father left the company or was retired or if he is still in employment as you mentioned about arrears of salary to advise you appropriately.

    2) The company is not obligated to give the details in writing by way of an undertaking;however your father has the right to get the salaries paid and get the gratuity and pension benefits as he has been in employment for so long with the company.

    3) It would be helpful if we can take a look at the documents like your father's appointment letter, any other documents pertaining to his resignation, retirement ,etc to form an opinion about what legal steps can be taken to secure your father's rights he so deservingly earned though his hard labour.

    Advocate S J Mathew

      Thane, Mumbai

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am eligible for Annual Appraisal which was due in October but it was delayed…

Hello,In my working period there is no PF Policy but when i left the job…
The Final Settlement cheque issued by the Ex company is not getting cleared due to…
We contractual staff outsourced through private agencies in Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, we…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly