×

quesResigned from company for inhuman treatment. How to recover my dues?

My company is not paying my dues. I left my job on 23rd Jan 2014 because of some inhumanely things that I saw that were happening in the company. That company had their salary cycle from 15 to 15. I joined them on 3 Dec 2013 and so as per this cycle I was paid my first salary for only first 10 days.

Also I have my resignation letter signed stating that they will pay me my salary fro 15 Dec to 15 Jan as my full and final settlement. They told me it would be done by 31st Jan but till date they have not made any payments.

They are saying that I am spreading a bad name abt their company which I am not.

Please help me.

The course of recovery of your employment dues depends on the nature of job you were rendering. If it was clerical in nature, the Industrial Disputes Act would be applicable and you can get the desired relief in the labour court. 

You must file a written complaint with the local labour commissioner who will further take up the matter with the concerned company for payment of the money due to you.

On the other hand, if your job was of a supervisory nature, you have to give a Legal Notice to the management for payment of financial dues, which include salary arrears, leave encashment etc.

If the management does not respond positively or does not pay in the stipulated time of 15 days, you may file a Civil suit for recovery of financial dues in the relevant Civil court by paying the relevant court fee. Any documentary evidence like communication at the time of resignation will be beneficial and support your cause / case.

In case you are not governed by the specific labour laws, the additional remedy available with you is to prefer a police complaint with Local Police station against the company and its officers.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only