quesResignation accepted, now relieving letter not provided. What action?

I was working in an It company for the past 9 months. I had an emergency at home, which required my immediate attention so I asked the employer for a leave of 2 days. I had put in my leave application 3 days before the date of leave. I also had 4 casual leaves in balance, which I am entitled to.

But the Employer refused to grant me the leave. And the Employer threatened me of dismissal. After this, I sent a resignation letter on the same day to my employer and it was accepted After 2 days when i asked for a relieving letter, the employer refused to provide the same.

What action can i take?

  • ans

    As per law, if the employer has accepted your resignation letter as per your wish, it implies that the Company has waived the notice period that you are required to serve in the organization post resignation.

    You should persuade the employer to provide you with a Experience Certificate, which the employer is legally bound to provide every employee on request.

    In case your employer still resists, you can initiate proceedings against your employer in the appropriate civil court. Prior to this, to be n a safer side you can send a legal notice to your employer through an Advocate.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Does the state government office/head of the such govt. office has any power to act…
My Wife had signed a bond of employment with her bank. Because of our marriage…
My questions are for a person terminated on disciplinary ground: A terminated employee is eligible…

Hi, My company have terminated my employment stating that their is redundancy in my role.…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly