Promotion given & taken back very next month
In Feb 2015 there was mass up gradation/promotion (22 staff) of admin staff in my school (DPS). School by and large follows central Govt. rules. I was also promoted to the next pay band, which is mentioned/ reflected in my Feb 2015 pay slip. But in March 2015 my promotion/ up gradation along with 5 more staff taken back/reverted back. And the excess salary recovered in March 2015 salary slip. Is it not against a rule which says” Facility once provided, cannot be taken back” .On asking employer says” it happened by mistake. Can I fight this in court? If yes, on what basis?
Although there is no judgement or ruling which states that "Facility once provided, cannot be taken back”. There can be amendment in the rules of terms of employment or any other rules and accordingly the facility can be withdrawn by the employer.
Your query is silent whether, you were given any promotion letter?
In case you received a promotion letter then in such case you can file a case in the court and fight. However if no promotion letter is issued and its mainly on salary then it is difficult to prove that you or other employees were promoted.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I revoke the Will prepared my me ?
- Sold my car. Now the person is not transferring the RC in his own name
- What Punishment can be given to government employee for fake documents
- Procedure of converting Sole Proprietor into Pvt. Ltd.
- Harassment and abusement on the job by the company