Not allowing the employee to leave after notice period.
I am working with a central university. I put off my resignation on personal ground on 21st April 2014 with three months notice period and requested my employer to relieve me on 31st May, 2015. I have already served for the notice period. But my employer has not communicated its decision on my resignation yet and has not relieved me from duty. I need to join another job in central institute for which I need relieving letter for which the time is running out. The employer is not responding to any of my reminder. Please advise.
The employer is bound to either accept or reject your resignation showing grounds. In both the cases, you are required to be informed about their decision. It is strange that the Central University is acting arbitrarily. Meet the authority personally to know the reason of theirs such apathy. If all your efforts fail, send them a legal notice, 6. Later on, you can file a damage suit against the authority as the last resort.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Prize Being Not being Given by Honor India
- Noise from the upper floor apartment due to tailoring business
- Does marriage daughter's name included in legal heir certificate
- Daughters right on father's ancestral property under Muslim law
- Foreigner married to an Indian when can she apply for citizenship?